SUMMER SESSION - Monday, June 20 - Friday, August 12 - 8 weeks
All Classes in Our Beautiful Studio in Dundas
|Monday||9:30 - 11:00am||Hatha||Alex||$130.51 (no class August 1)|
|Monday||6:00 - 7:30pm||Beyond Asana||Wendy||$130.51 (no class August 1)|
|Tuesday||5:30 to 7:00 pm * (see below)||Israeli Folk Dancing||Wendy||$10 (drop in)|
You may join anytime but please call first. Newcomers will receive a free trial class; Drop-in Fee: $20
Fees and Policies
- Class prices quoted include HST
- Group classes are done in packages; fall, winter, and spring
- Payment for entire session is due the first day of class. Post-dated cheques should be mailed to 14 Crawford Ct, Dundas, On L9H 6G2 to ensure your spot. Late enrollment is possible on a prorated basis.
- Drop-in fees are $20. Please call or email to verify whether space is available.
- It is requested that you notify the studio at least 24 hours prior to a class if you know you will be absent.
- Classes that have been missed during a term should be made up within that same term. Credit for missed classes cannot be applied toward the following term.
- Private classes cost $70 per one hour session.
- You'll be required to sign a release and a client profile before attending your first class. It's important that we know about any limiting physical issues before you start. That helps us customize your session and to set realistic goals for your continuous improvement in health and well-being.
Wendy's classes are taking a new direction that reflect an evolution currently taking place in the yoga world towards more functional and natural movement. Her Beyond Asana classes will expand your movement vocabulary through rolling, crouching, sitting and walking, and help you to tune into your own body's wisdom. leaving you with a renewed sense of energy, aliveness and joy.
Alex's Gentle Hatha Classes
These classes, taught by Alex, are slow paced and deeply relaxing. The postures range from simple to complex, with full permission to do less. The emphasis is on breath and body awareness. We learn to listen to our body in a new way, honour its limitations and learn from it. Even though the approach is gentle, we will stretch and strengthen, and work toward improved flexibility and balance, mental clarity and emotional state of peace.
Israeli Folk Dancing
Israeli circle dances are a wonderful way to explore and practice functional movement, and a lovely way to be in community. No previous dance experience necessary. Beginners only: 5:30 to 6:00pm; Everybody: 6:00 - 6:30pm; Advanced instruction: 6:30 - 7:00pm.
Our Gifted Teachers
Wendy Schneider, BA, BEd, RYT
Wendy Schneider has been a student of yoga since the early 1990s and a teacher since 2003. A past student of Iyengar and Anusara yoga, Wendy is currently in the midst of an exploration into more functional and natural movements as an alternative to traditional asana practice.
Alex Bovkis was certified as a Classical Yoga Teacher in the summer of 2004. Since then she has taken advanced teachers training and is now qualified as an E-RYT 500, which translates as Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher. This high level of qualification is required in order to train yoga teachers.Having close to a thousand training hours and over 2000 teaching hours behind her, she continues to explore this incredible path of yoga further. She is currently studying with several different teachers from different yoga styles and trains in encompassing both the breadth and the depth of yoga.